Tuesday, February 21, 2017

My Beautiful Wife

I am regularly challenged by others for the frequency of my visits to Pammy's gravesite.  Well, it took a long time, but I finally stopped going daily in order to be a: be in the presence of her remains and b: to keep the headstone clean (because the cremated remains are under a tree, one on which birds regularly visit(!) and now just go at weekends, for the same effect.

It is now coming up to two years since she died - and because of my undying love for her, I wanted a decent picture of her on my lounge-room wall, as to too few existed and they were all way too small.

This is the picture I had in mind...

 
 
That picture was taken by our daughter Sharon, when Pammy was temporally admitted to hospital in 2013 - about two years prior to her demise.
 
These two pictures are - a: of the wall space awaiting the picture...
 
 


 
and - b: now with the picture in place...




 
I will explain that my youngest daughter Jeni, suggested that I get the photo printed and framed by Kmart, because she used to work there and knew what they can do.  This is the LAST place I would have thought of, but indeed she was correct.  The photo was printed on A3 photo paper for just $14 and the frame (and glass), just $4.  However, I had the plain glass replaced with frosted glass (for just $10 extra) as from where I sat in the lounge, the room lights reflected on the plain glass making it difficult to see my beautiful Pammy - the frosted glass solved that!
 
I cannot get over my affection for her memory and this picture does wonders for me...
 
I am a happy chappy.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment